For any business, having the right words to sell your products or services is critical. For a property development company, the importance of copywriting is even more vital. It’s no longer enough for developers to rely on their brochures and leaflets as the only way of telling potential buyers about their properties – in fact, it rarely ever has been!
Nowadays there are so many different ways that people search for information about new housing developments that it’s easy to fall behind on your marketing efforts unless you regularly update how you communicate with clients. That means making sure that the words you use in everything from leaflets and websites through to ads in magazines are always at their best; and that’s where professional copywriters come into play.
What is copywriting?
Copywriting is a form of communication that uses words to persuade or motivate people to take action. It’s often confused with content marketing, advertising and technical writing, but it’s really quite different from both.
To help you get your head around what copywriting is, we’ve broken down the differences between these three disciplines:
- Copywriting vs content marketing: While they share some similarities, such as the goal of driving conversions through storytelling and building an emotional connection with readers, there are also huge differences between them. Content marketers create original pieces of information designed to educate the reader while copywriters write sales-focused pieces intended to persuade readers into taking action (such as buying something).
- Copywriting vs advertising: Advertising focuses on delivering a message that resonates emotionally—often through humour or nostalgia—to influence consumers’ purchasing decisions. Copywriters are often involved in creating advertorials (paid advertisements disguised as editorial content), but don’t focus on getting people’s attention by appealing directly to their emotions like advertisers do. They’re more likely than not looking for ways to improve conversion rates rather than simply attract clicks.
How should property development marketing copy be written?
When it comes to marketing copy, there are important elements that you need to include. If you want to write effective property development marketing copy, then you need to ensure that your content is written in a way that appeals directly to the target audience. There are some key aspects that will help make sure your content stands out from the crowd and gets noticed by potential clients.
- Write in a conversational tone.
- Use short sentences and paragraphs.
- Use active verbs instead of passive ones (e.g., “I” instead of “we”).
- Mix up long sentences with shorter ones.
- Use power words such as: New Now Guarantee Best High Quality Can’t live without.
- Make sure the number of words per sentence isn’t too high or too low.
- Break up long paragraphs with subheadings 8 ) Avoid using clichés 9 ) Keep an eye on spelling, grammar and punctuation 10 ) Proofread carefully before publishing.
Speak your clients’ ‘language’
When creating a website for your property development business or project, it’s important to make sure that the words on that site speak the same language as your clients.
This means using the same terminology as them, using similar words and phrases, and even writing in a similar way.
It also means avoiding certain terms or phrases that may confuse them (and which will therefore cause them to leave).
Show sector knowledge
As a property developer, you should know about the different types of property and property development projects. You should also be aware of the different types of buyers and investors who are involved in this sector. As a copywriter, you need to understand these things if you want to write compelling marketing materials that will attract your audience.
You’ll need to understand how buyers and investors think, what they want from their investments, and how they make decisions about which properties are worth buying or investing in. You have to know what makes a good investment – keeping an eye on trends like interest rates, employment figures and construction costs can help!
Why use a professional copywriter
Professional copywriters are well-placed to bring their skills and experience to bear. This is because they understand the importance of writing copy that speaks directly to the client, while also establishing their authority and expertise in the area.
The team at PropertyRender.com have the copywriting experience to deliver clear and concise information about your project, introducing properties in an engaging way, describing all relevant features, highlighting benefits over other similar projects on offer in the market, and presenting all relevant facts and figures to your target audience.
At PropertyRender.com, we take pride in being a top-tier 3D rendering studio specializing in the development of captivating visual narratives for undeveloped spaces. Our client base includes property developers and project marketers spanning 15+ countries. Our comprehensive suite of services features a diverse range of render types, including conceptual renders and lifelike marketing 3D visuals.
Streetscape Renders | 3D Rendering Services | Condo 3D Renders | Apartment Renders | Aerial Renders | Photo-Realistic 3D Residential Renders & Commercial Renders | Townhouse Renders | 3D Photomontages | 3D Architectural Visualization